Sunday 19 April 2015

McBusted MEAT Experience.

On the 15th of April me and two friends went and saw McBusted at the BIC in Bournemouth (their second show). Last year I went to two of their shows and didn't want to miss out on their Most Excellent Adventure Tour this year. In this post I will be sharing my thoughts on the show as well as featuring some of the photos and videos I took. One day I would love to be a professional concert and live music photographer but until then I'll keep buying tickets and supporting the bands I love.  Like I said I also take videos to be able to capture the moment and look back on them in weeks, months and years to come. 

My videos feature on my concert YouTube here.
My photos can be seen on my website here

So it was my turn this year to get the tickets therefore the pressure was on! Luckily I was able to get left balcony front row seats and really we had the best seats of the house. This year they featured the OMFG zone which is more exclusive and gets you closer to the band and next time I'd really consider getting tickets there if only for the amazing photos I'd get ( plus its not as crowded and as a short person I'd get a good view). 

Me and my friends weren't that bothered about seeing the support acts therefore we arrived just before the second act ended. This was perfect as the merchandise line was virtually non existent and we could easily find our seats during the interval. 

McBusted came on at 8:55pm and finished at 10:40pm which was very prompt and I felt they didn't talk as much to the crowd as maybe they did on the last tour. 
When me and my friend saw the setlist we noticed how similar it was to last time and that they were playing a lot of the same songs. Personally I would of liked to of seen more songs from their new album. 
As usual though McBusted put on an amazing performance and their energy never lacks. I always walk away feeling good about their concerts. 

So their stage was set up like a huge arcade machine ( that actually works) and during the show the boys took a break to play Street Fighter on it. There were a few eventful moments during the show that i'd like to mention the first being the kiss cam that happened during "It's All About You" which everyone happily or reluctantly took part in. Next during their new song "Riding On My Bike" James actually did ride his bike around the stage and you can see that in my video below. 

One funny thing that the band kept going on about was that they weren't in "Bournemouth" they were in "James Bourne's mouth" which was an ongoing joke throughout the show.  During "Obviously" the band took it almost acoustic at one point and let the audience be the main focus whilst holding their lights/phones in the air, it was a really nice break from such high energy performances. Before playing "Crashed The Wedding" the boys made a nod to their last tour in which Matt came out in a wedding dress; well this time Matt came out in a Tux, Dougie was the bride, Harry was the vicar and the rest of the boys were bridesmaids. There was confetti thrown and Dougie even through out his bouquet. 


As always the crowd participation was great and the boys always play up for them. 
This has been my first concert of the year and it reminded me how much I love photographing concerts and being able to capture such exciting shows! 

I'll leave you with a photo and video or two as well as the vlog I recorded over on my personal YouTube channel.






Until next time, Sophie x

No comments:

Post a Comment