Thursday 16 April 2015

Large knit infinity scarf for beginners | My Experience

So recently I finished my second knitting project, as you can see above. I completed it in only 2 days and is great for beginners. Let me start off by saying I self taught myself to knit and so far I haven't used a pattern for any of my projects, I just wing it.


After using such small needles for my first project I decided it was time to go big! I decided to find a wool that would work well with larger needles and ended up with ones that were 9mm in size.
I purchased this wool from Hobby Craft and ended up only needing two bundles. This wool is super soft and was really nice to knit with, plus its a super gorgeous grape colour.



For this project I decided to again stick with just doing a knit stitch as it was what I was familiar with and I wanted to really perfect this scarf. I cast on 20 stitches and I am proud to say I finished the whole project without dropping any stitches or making any holes!



The picture below shows my cast off, which I always find is neater than my cast on despite being more time consuming. 


So due to the width of the scarf I again decided to make it into an infinity scarf and I used a large needle to sew the two ends together. I have looked at YouTube videos to see how best to do it but I always find I end up just winging it and doing what works best for my particular piece.



I have to say the join of the scarf is a little messy however once worn you can barely notice. 
Overall I was really pleased with how the scarf turned out and I've been wearing it a lot. Theres just something so warming about wearing something you've made. 

If you have any questions feel free to leave a comment below.

Until next time, Sophie x




No comments:

Post a Comment