Sunday 15 March 2015

A Book Review | The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare

Rating: 3/5
Pages: 518

Hi guys to todays book review is on "The Bane Chronicles" but Cassandra Clare (and two other authors). It follows the Warlock Magnus Bane who features in both the Mortal Instruments and the Infernal Devices series. I really love the shadowhunter world that Clare has created therefore I knew I wanted to read this book no matter who it was about.

 This book contains lots of short stories all about 40 pages each which weave in and out with Cassandra's existing two series. Personally I think I would of preferred it as one story however I can see why it would appeal to those who prefer short stories. 

This book is definitely worth reading AFTER you've read both of Cassandra's series as The Bane Chronicles touches on events that happened in both series and we once again meet the same characters and even their descendants.

So let's touch on some of the stories. In one Magnus meets James Herondale who turns out to be Will's son and it's nice to see how the plot line continued from "The Clockwork Princess".
In the story "The Midnight Heir" we even get a recap of what happened in "The Infernal Devices" which I found nice as its been a year since I read them. In another story we go into the Hotel Durmot and read how it got into the state its in which was a cool backstory as you read about it a lot in "The Mortal Instruments". 

I gave this book 3/5 stars as I found that I enjoyed certain stories more than others. Overall I don't think I would read it again but it was nice to get those backstories and that little bit extra to Cassandra's stories. Once again I think if it was one continuous story with chapters I would of enjoyed the flow more rather that broken up stories. 

I still haven't  read the final three books in "The Mortal Instruments" series and that is something I may get to reading later this year.

Below is the review I filmed over on my Youtube channel.

Until next time, keep reading! Sophie x

No comments:

Post a Comment