Thursday 22 January 2015

Books I want to read in 2015.


Here are just a few of the books that I want to read this year. Last year I felt that I really concentrated on reading my stand alone books and didn't want to spend time reading a whole series. I also usually like to read the trilogy or series at once so I end up waiting until all or most of the books have been published. 

1. The Jewel by Amy Ewing: This is a book I learnt about from Elle Fowler/AllThatGlitters21 on Youtube. It is about a girl called Violet who is purchased by the royal family at a surrogacy auction as it is well know than the royal family cannot give birth therefor they need someone to carry their heir. I don't really know much about this book except that it also features a forbidden romance. This is part of "The Lone City" trilogy in which the second book looks to come out later this year, therefore I'll probably read it around autumn/winter time. 

2. Kingdom Keepers - Disney At Dawn by Ridley Pearson: This is the second book in the Kingdom Keepers series of which I read the first in 2013. It's a children's book based around a group of kids who can enter the park at night and face the villains of Disney as the parks come alive. These books are a really easy and nice read for anyone who likes Disney not matter what their age. This second book is based in Animal Kingdom and there are 7 book currently in the series each focusing on a different place within Disney property.

3-6. The Divergent Series by Veronica Roth: I have already read Divergent 3 times and Insurgent once however since then I've been able to get my hands on the US versions of Allegiant and Four( because they are way better than the English versions). When Insurgent comes out at the cinemas in March I will want to reread the book and then I feel it is the perfect time to finish reading the series. I have heard very mixed reviews about Allegiant so let me know if you liked it or not in the comments... no spoilers please! If you look back at my 2014 books I wanted to read post I also put Allegiant as I was yet to buy it.

7. The legend Trilogy by Marie Lu: Pictured is Champion the third in the trilogy that's because it's a signed copy I found ay Books A Million. Therefore I firstly need to buy legend and Prodigy. Once again I'm not sure of the plot line except that it's a dystopian world set in the US that is at war with a newly formed Republic within the Western area. Once again Legend was one of the books I wanted to but didn't get around to reading in 2014. 

8. Rebels: City of Indra by Kendall & Kylie Jenner: Finally I purchased this book back in the summer and have already picked it up once to read and for some reason put it back down after a couple of pages. From what I can gather on Goodreads its a Dystopian world that has two parts, a wealthy culture in the sky that overlooks the poor slums below. It's about two girls that each live in one part of Indra and I think that they may cross paths at some point. 

To see me explain these books in more detail head over to my newly revived Youtube channel where I did a corresponding video on the books I want to read. 
To see how I do this year with reading these books then stay followed to my blog and also visit my good reads page here.

Until next time, Sophie 

No comments:

Post a Comment