Wednesday 26 February 2014

Boots Makeup Haul and mini review!




So the other day I was in need for a new concealer and or foundation. For the past 12+ months i've been using the same tube of Cliniques "Anti Blemish solutions clearing" concealer in shade 1 and it seems to never end! I really cant fathom it to be honest I usually use it 5/7 days a week and being a hormonal teenager apply quite a bit. So I thought enough is enough I want something with better coverage and a better colour match. Alongside these thoughts I was also debating wether to get a foundation to help with overall coverage. 
So heres where Boots steps in, for a while now I had seen their new No7 match made service where they take their "gadget" and press it against your skin which photographs your face for its colour match. I asked my friend if it really worked ( as she has tried it) and she said yes and really liked it! So I thought lets give it a go! They photographed the same side of my face twice( unlike the advert where its both sides, my friend also said they did her neck) and the result came back with two matches! So the consultant tested each on half of my face. The first one I thought was a little too dark and because I don't tan it wouldn't really be suitable in the summer either. So the other colour "Calico" matched perfectly! 

No7 Stay Perfect foundation - £14.00
No7 Match Made concealer-£7.50


As you can see I got the No7 Stay perfect foundation in "Calico" and the corresponding match made concealer also in "Calico". I've been wearing both for a couple of days now and really like them both, I feel the colour is a great match and I really like the finish the foundation gives on the skin. It has a medium coverage which is good for my teenage acne prone skin! Finally I also have quite dry skin and this foundation really is quite moisturising.


Essie Polish in Toggle to the top -£7.99

The final thing I got was this Essie nail polish in "Toggle to the top". I think this was part of their Christmas/winter collection but I couldn't get any of the collection to mid January and finally I found this one now late February. I've currently been wearing this polish for about 5 days now and as you can see from the image below there is very minimal chipping and its mostly just wear on the tips. I applied 2 coats with a topcoat and the colour is a dark burgundy colour with red glitter pieces. One thing I did find is even with a topcoat the polish feels a little bumpy as if you can feel the glitter on the nail but it doesn't really bother me.




I hope you enjoyed this mini haul and review I hope to have a fashion haul up at some point in the near future!
Sophie x

No comments:

Post a Comment