Sunday 16 February 2014

Book Review - After Auschwitz by Eva Schloss


One genre of books that I really enjoy reading and learning about are those set in ww2 or involving the holocaust. My dads side if the family is Jewish so I naturally am interested in that period of time and have read numerous non/fiction accounts and stories. 

After Auschwitz is told by Eva Schloss and is her account of living during Nazi reign and how her family were sent to Auschwitz. Although I have read a lot of personal accounts and fictional stories this story really stood out to me, I'm not sure if this is because of the fluidity in which it was written or the harrowing stories she recalls on. 


Eva is actually the step sister of Anne Frank and has helped to carry on her legacy and work. Pre war, Eva was friends with Anne, not best friends but they lived opposite each other therefore there families knew of each other. Post War, Eva's mother married Otto Frank and together published Anne's diary.

I wouldn't go into reading this book though if you want to know more about the Frank Family, if you're looking for a book like that I really suggest "Anne Frank Remembered" by Miep Gies who helped to hide the family and work for Otto.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and in the first day read 200 pages and then finished it the next day. I really liked the family letters that were woven in and it really gave that sentimental touch.

Pages:336
I give this book 4/5
If you like Holocaust accounts you may like this book

Sophie 

No comments:

Post a Comment