Friday 22 May 2015

Book Corner | All I Know Now by Carrie Hope Fletcher

Rating: 5/5
Pages: 288
Hi guys!
I'm really excited to bring this book review to you today as it's one of the best book's I've read over the past couple of months.  The book is "All I Know Now" by Carrie Hope Fletcher.
Now I know what you're thinking " Oh no not another YouTuber book!" but for some reason when I knew this book was being released I didn't see Carrie as a YouTuber but just a normal person wanting  to share her experiences and help other like minded people of her age and younger who are maybe struggling with different aspects of their life.

For me All I Know Now is a cross between an autobiography and a survival guide as Carrie does throw in her anecdotes which makes the book very relatable.
From the get go I loved Carrie's writing style and could just imagine her reading it ( get on that audiobook girl!).
Carrie made the book so personal and you could really tell how well thought out it all way from the illustrations used to calling the chapters "acts". It made it feel like Carrie has the manuscript stored away for months/years waiting for an opportunity rather than having to make something up just because you've been offered a book deal.


Carrie talks about various subjects ranging from bullies to living out your dreams. Unlike the book Ask Elizabeth by
Elizabeth Berkley I feel I could relate to this book and use more of its advice now and in the future. Maybe it's because Carrie's younger than Elizabeth that I could relate to it more. 
Carrie talks about her time at school and how she felt like she didn't fit in, just wanted to read and had a small circle of friends. I could really relate to this as I was also quite quiet and shy at school.

Carrie gives a little tip early on in the book for if you're stressed. She suggest's blowing on the end of your thumb, i've tried this and I can see why it would work to calm you down as it helps to regulate your breathing and help you concentrate on something. 

Carrie talks about how you need to have a period of time in your life where you are just single but in a way date yourself. You need to get to know what you like and the hobbies you enjoy. Otherwise you're going from relationship to relationship and you won't really know what it's like to be just you. You'll always be seen as a couple rather than two individuals.

Towards the end of the book Carrie answers questions that her readers and subscribers were able to send in to her. Again this shows how much Carrie appreciates her fans and wanted them to be the centre of her book.

Finally at the end of the book Carrie includes a list of "props" which are website and helplines for some of the subjects she touches on such as food disorders or depression. However these aren't just useful for British people as she also recognises her fans from other countries such as Ireland and Australia.

This book really made me want to pick it up and read it and thats one of the reasons why I gave it 5 stars of Goodreads.

Below is my review over on my YouTube page on the book.



I hope you enjoyed this review and I'll talk to you soon!
Sophie x

No comments:

Post a Comment